A blog about Sylvanian Families, toy photography, collection, miniatures and crafts.

24 February 2022

The Kiosk

 Meet Cherice Floral! Every morning she is at the square of the village park where she runs her small business.




Cherice runs a kiosk/newsstand. She keeps it well stocked with a great variety of merchandise like candy, chocolate, snacks, newspapers, magazines, souvenirs, books, cards, maps and other inexpensive consumables.




Soon the park is full of Sylvanians. They all walk through the little square and a lot of them are visiting the kiosk. Cherice is very kind and helpful with her customers and enjoys meeting all these different types of characters!




-Good morning Cherice!
-Good morning Mr Evergreen! Always on time for your daily newspaper!
-Haha, you know me! But I also like to walk through the park every morning before going to work, it's really refreshing! Especially on a good day like today!
-Yes it looks we're going to have a lovely day today! Enjoy it!
-Thank you Cherice, enjoy your day too!



-Hello Anita,... Yes it's me, quess what, I am calling you from the park kiosk and just found the new issue of the 'Fassion' magazine, it is marvellous, so glamorous fashions!... What?... Of course I can get one for you!




-May I help you?
-Oh yes please! Do you have another one of this issue? I really need it for my friend!
-Don't worry dear, I think there is one more left!
-Ahh you are a darling!




Deborah Pookie is Cherice's best friend. She often takes her twins out to the park and always visits the kiosk to have a quick chat with her.
-Hi Cherice! Such a lovely day! We had great fun at the park playground!
-Oh look at those flushed chubby cheeks! Here is some candy for your cute babies! Lemon flavour for Tyler and strawberry for Angela, right?
-Oh you spoil them, that's why they are so fond of you!




-So many wonderful postcards, says Rhianna Dappledawn, it's hard to choose one!




-I will get this one with the lovely wind mill! What did you get Zara?
-I got the Sylvanian Families collection book, it's in Japanese but it's full of wonderful pictures!
-Oh what a great find!




It's getting late at the park but there are still some Sylvanians around.
-Dad you promised me a snack before we go back home!
-OK Mallory, quickly pick one because we're late!
-I definitely want a chocolate bar... but wait... I got one yesterday too... hmm... I think I will choose some candy this time... or maybe a lollipop!
-A lollipop that is?
-Well,... not quite sure... I am now between some chips or cookies...
-Come on child, it's getting dark...
-I will go with cookies then!
-OK cookies, are you sure?
-Well... OK dad ... let's take that chocolate bar again!
-Aaahh... a chocolate bar for my little one before she changes her mind!
-A chocolate bar is always a good choice!
-Thank you Cherice you are always very kind! Goodnight!
-A goodnight to you too Mr Whiskers and Mallory!








* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

4 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your kiosk, sylvanako! I don't come to your blog as often as I should (although I always enjoy seeing your work on the forum!), but I just wanted to say how much I admire this one - the kiosk itself, and also the park it sits in, the photos with all their delightful details, and all the little mini-stories we catch a glimpse of with each new customer. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much GreyRabbit, for all the lovely words, and also leaving a comment here too! This project is special to me because when I was little my granny used to take me to a park like this one that had a kiosk too!

      Delete
  2. The kiosk you made is amazing! And the park is the perfect backdrop with the fountain and bench! The tiny magazines and post cards look wonderful, and I wish I could turn into a critter and read each and every one of those magazines. I love how you capture the kiosk stand with making short stories for it between Cherice and her customers. My favorite tale is between the Pookie Pandas, Cherice and lollipops, haha

    Have a good day,
    Posh Pear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Posh Pear, what a wonderful comment, it really made my day! It was great fun making this and I am happy you noticed all the details my friend!

      Delete