A blog about Sylvanian Families, toy photography, collection, miniatures and crafts.

5 June 2020

Mary Poppins (part 3)

-Yesterday we had so much fun Mary Poppins!
-What will we do today?
-We have so much to do but first of all we must visit uncle Albert!





-Bert, you are here too! How is uncle Albert?
-Well, the truth is that I've never seen him as bad as this...
-Oh really that bad?
-And what about the children, it's contagious you know!
-Shall we get spots?




-See for yourself!
-I'm delighted to see you Mary!
-Oh uncle Albert... But you promised...
-I tried my dear but... I so enjoy laughing, I really can't help it... Ahaha!
-Please children try not to laugh too, you will only make it worse!
-Yes, whatever you do keep a straight face, last time it took us three days to get him down!
-But he's so funny!



♫ I love to laugh
Loud and long and clear
I love to laugh
It's getting worse every year!♫
 Hohoho!



Haha! This is extremely funny, we can't help it too!
-Oh no, don't you start, come back down here!
-How nice, I was hoping you'd turn up! Haha!
-Such behaviour, that's not funny at all or my name isn't Mary Poppins!
-Speaking of names, I know a man with a wooden leg named Smith!
-Really! What's the name of his other leg!!!
-Bahaha,... the name of his other leg...hilarious!!



-... Now, then, children,we must go, it's time for tea.
-Please stay, I have prepared a splendid tea for you!
-Oh well, only because I don't want the tea to get cold...



-Thank you Mary, now we can have our tea properly!
-Yes Mary Poppins, so glad you came, it wouldn't be any fun without you!
-Haha, we're having such a good time, I wish we could stay up here all the time!
-We will anyway, there's no way we get down, haha!
-Actually there is... only if you think of something sad...
-Well now we had our tea it's time we go home...
-Oh, that is really sad...



-Come along children, spit spot!
-We had a lovely time uncle Albert, we will come back again soon!



-We had the most wonderful time with Mary Poppins!
-Yes, we jumped in paintings, had fantastic rides...
-She also taught us a word to say when you don't know what to say, that's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...
-Super... cali... what...?
-We heard some of the funniest jokes,like this one! 'I know a man with a wooden leg named Smith' and then the second chap says 'what's the name of his other leg ' haha!
-... And we had a lovely tea party on the ceiling!
-Mary Poppins says if we are good she'll take us there again!
-Oh she said that, didn't she! Well please return to your room and I will have a word with Mary Poppins...



-Mary Poppins I am extremely disappointed in you. I won't allow the children to spend their time on worthless activities like popping through pictures, learning silly words and having tea parties on the ceiling! It's time to learn about the seriousness of life!
-I quite agree! They must learn to walk in your footsteps. So tomorrow Jane and Michael will be at your side!
-Splendid!... At my side?...Where are we going?
-To the bank of course! Now if you'll excuse me, I must put the children to bed, tomorrow is an important day for them! Good night!



-Mary Poppins we will never let you go!
-Go? What are you talking about?
-We thought you got fired!
-Certainly not! Actually tomorrow you're going on an outing with your father, so you must get some sleep.
-Really! Where will we go?
-To the bank!
-Yay, to the city! He's never taken us anywhere.
-Sometimes a person we love through no fault of his own, can't see past the end of his nose! I mean sometimes a little thing can be quite important! Now let me tell you a little story!
-Wow, what a wonderful snow globe, it's the cathedral! Father passes that every day on the way to his work!
....
♫'Early each day to the steps of St. Paul's
The little old bird woman comes
In her own special way to the people she calls
Come buy my bags full of crumbs
Come feed the little birds show them you care
And you'll be glad if you do
Their young ones are hungry
Their nests are so bare
All it takes is tuppence from you.
Though her words are simple and few
Listen, listen she's calling to you
Feed the birds tuppence a bag
Tuppence, tuppence tuppence a bag! '♫
 






-The bank is just around the corner, children. I want you to show your best behaviour!
-Is it your bank dad?
-No but I am one of the younger officers!
-Look there! It's her!
-Who...?



-It's the bird woman! Just where Mary Poppins said she would be!
-Listen father, she's saying it!
-Feed the birds. Tuppence a bag.



-May we feed the birds father? I have tuppence from my money box!
-Waste your money on those birds? Certainly not!
-But Mary Poppins said...
-I'm not interested in what Mary Poppins says, I will not permit you to throw your money away! When we go to the bank you'll find very interesting what may be done with your tuppence!



-Hello, Banks. What's all this about?
-These are my children Mr Dawes and they wish to open an account sir!
-Excellent! How much money do you have young man?
-Tuppence... but...
-Splendid, precisely how I started! May I see it?
-No... I want it to feed the birds!
-Feed the birds and what you have? Fat birds! But if you wisely invest it in the bank soon it will bloom into credit of a generous amount!
-Yes Michael, Mr Dawes is right! Better invest it than throw it away, for the good of the economy and your country!
-But father...
-Very well my boy, now give me the money!
-No, noo, don't take my money! Noo, I want it to feed the birds!
-Michael now bahave!
-No, I will not let him take my money!
-Don't shout in the bank you will cause panic!



-Stop those children!
-Jane! Michael! Come back here!...



-Jane! Michael!
-Bert! Is that you? You're filthy!
-Perhaps a smudge or two. It so happens that today I'm a chimney sweep. But why are you alone in the city and it's getting late!
-Oh Bert we are so frightened!
-Now, now, don't take on so. Bert'll take care of you like I was your own father. Now, who's after you?
-Father is! He brought us to see his bank!
-I don't know what we did, but it must've been something dreadful. And now the police and the army is after us...
-Michael, don't exaggerate.
-Now father doesn't like us at all...
-Oh, I'm sure there must be some mistake. Your dad's a fine gentleman and he loves ya! Now come on, I'll take you home!



********************





No comments:

Post a Comment