A blog about Sylvanian Families, toy photography, collection, miniatures and crafts.

20 August 2020

Mary Poppins (part 4)

-I thought the children were with their father... I hope you haven't been running off again...
-Well not exactly running off ma'am... They've had a bit of a fright though... Need someone to look after them...
-Oh... Of course,.. Mary Poppins... but she's not here yet, it's her day off... and I have to go too, I'm dreadfully late... Perhaps you sir... you've been so kind in looking after the children!
-Me ma'am? Well, I have some chimneys to clean...
-Oh how clever! Our chimney smokes terribly so could you please clean it? It will amuse the children too!
-But...
-Oh , thank you so much. I do appreciate it. I must hurry. Our gallant ladies in prison are waiting for me to lead them in song! Good-bye, my darlings.




-It looks so dark up there!
-Well that's so wrong! Can you believe that the chimney is actually a doorway to a magical place! And the sight from the rooftops of London is wonderful!
-Really! I do wish we could go up there!




-Can I try to sweep the chimney too?
-OK, here! Can you feel the pull on the end of that brush?... Oh Mary Poppins you're back!
-Be careful! You never know what may happen around a fireplace!




-Oh no!...




... Whooooshhh...
-What?...




-Michael... where are you? Come back down here...!




-It's OK Michael,... Oh look! Mary Poppins is coming up the chimney too!...




-Now that we're all here why not explore and see the wonderful view Mary Poppins?
-Oh please Mary Poppins!
-Well... If we must we must... Now get in line! Attention! Quick march!




-What did I tell ya? There's the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it, but the birds, the stars and the chimney sweeps?
♫Chim chiminy, chim chiminey chim
Chim cheree when you're with a sweep you're in glad company♫




-It's all me pals!... Come on mateys!
... Step in time! Step in time!
Never need a reason, never need a rhyme!
We step in time, we step in time!
Kick your knees up, step in time!
Never need a reason, never need a rhyme!
Kick your knees up, step in time!....



-Mary Poppins, step in time! There you go! Ain't she marvelous!



*****************

-Just a moment Mary Poppins! What is the meaning of this outrage?
-I beg your pardon?
-Could you please explain all this?
-Well I would like to make one thing quite clear!
-Yes...?
-I never explain anything!



-Yes. Banks here. Mr. Dawes! I'm most dreadfully sorry, sir, about what happened at the bank today. I can assure you that...what... tonight, sir?
-'Yes, Banks. We'll expect you at 9:00 precisely... it's extremely serious... we regret this course of action... you have been with us a good many years...'
-...Yes Mr. Dawes, I'll be there at 9:00...



-Are you OK sir?
-I think it's that woman Mary Poppins. From the moment she stepped into this house, things began to happen to me! I realize it now. She tricked me into taking Jane and Michael to the bank. That's how all the trouble started!
-Tricked you into taking the children on an outing?... Outrageous! A man with all the important things you have to do. Shameful! You're a man of high position.
-Well I mean, look, I... , I don't think...
-It's just that childhood slips like sand through a sieve, and they are up and grown in no time... And then it will be too late for you to give that spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down... Well goodnight sir and sorry for all the trouble!



-Father? We're sorry, we didn't know it would cause you so much trouble....
-Here father, you can have the tuppence! Will that make everything all right?
-... Thank you...



-Good evening, gentlemen.
-So Banks,... do you know that there has not been a run in this bank for at least two centuries... until today because of your son! Do you deny that?
-I don't deny it sir and I take full responsibility for my son sir!
-I'm sorry Banks but we are compelled to fire you!.. Have you anything to say?
-Well sir... , they do say that when there's nothing to say, all you can say is... only one word!
-Yes...?
-Supercalifragilistic- expialidocious!
-What?
-Supercalifragilistic- expialidocious... Haha! Mary Poppins was right, it does make you feel better!
-What are you talking about?There's no such word.
-Of course there is. And would you also like to hear a marvellous joke? About two friends that meet on the street and the one says to the other 'I know a man with a wooden leg named Smith." and the other says, "Really? What's the name of his other leg?'
-Have you gone mad?
-Oh and here is your wonderful, fateful, supercalifragilistic- expialidocious tuppence. Guard it well. Good-bye!



-Banks! Where are you going?
-I don't know. I might pop through a chalk pavement picture, and go for an outing in the country. Or I might seize a horse off a merry-go-round Or I might just fly a kite! Only Poppins would know!
-Poppins? Who is Poppins?
- My nanny. She's the one who sings that ridiculous song.
A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down
The medicine go down
The medicine go down
... Goodnight gentlemen!



-... A wooden leg named Smith... a wooden leg named Smith... a wooden leg... ah.. . ahaha... hahahaaa!
-Father! Father! Come down father...!

***********************



-Are you leaving us Mary Poppins? But you said you'd stay until the wind changed!
-Well it did change children!
-Oh Mary Poppins, why do you have to go, don't you love us?
-And what would have happened to me if I loved all the children I said goodbye to?
-But...
-I think your father is calling you!
-It doesn't sound like father...
-Run along! Spit spot!
-You won't go Mary Poppins, will you?
-... Spit spot!...



-Look! Father mended our kite!
-Oh great! Thank you dad! However did you manage it?

♫-With tuppence for paper and strings
You can have your own set of wings
With your feet on the ground
You're a bird in flight
With your fist holding tight
To the string of your kite!
Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height
Let's go fly a kite
And send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Oh, let's go fly a kite! ♫



♫,,,When you send it flying up there
All at once you're lighter than air
You can dance on the breeze
Over houses and trees
With your fist holding tight
to the string of your kite! ♫



-Now dad! Let it go!...



-Look! Our kite is flying so high! It is now only a dot in the sky!

♫Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height
Let's go fly a kite
And send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Oh, let's go fly a kite! ♫



-Hello Banks! I want to congratulate you for your humor! Your joke made my father laugh so hard! Never seen him more happier! He wants you to be our new partner!Congratulations!
-Oh, thank you so much sir!



-Look at them Mary Poppins, they seem to think more of their father than of you now! They didn't even say goodbye! Don't you care?
-That's how it should be!
-You don't fool me! I know exactly how you feel about those children!
-Practically perfect people don't allow such feelings... Well that will be quite enough, thank you...



-Goodbye, Mary Poppins, don't stay away too long!








The End
******************







4 comments:

  1. Looking through your beautiful work yet again, I'm struck not only by your inventiveness and your sewing, storytelling & photographic skills, but by the time you must spend perfecting the details, both in the foreground and background.

    Thanks again for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A big thank you Jackson for all the love you show for my work! It is quite a hard task both setting these up and also editing them for a more perfect result. But messages like yours make me happy!

      Delete
  2. wow this was so much fun! I just found your blog and am enjoying it so much.

    ReplyDelete