A blog about Sylvanian Families, toy photography, collection, miniatures and crafts.

15 December 2021

The surprise

 -Hi Rebecca, that's nice! Can we play together?
-I am very busy at the moment Hannah, why don't you watch some cartoon on TV..!




-Will you play with me mum?
-Sorry honey, I have to finish this, maybe you can play with your toys for a while!



-Hi dad! What are you doing?
-I am cutting this plywood with the saw!
-Can I help you?
-I am afraid this is not a task for you little one!



-Can I help with whatever you are doing Oliver?
-I don't think you can Hannah, you need some skill to use these paints without making a mess!



-Nobody wants to play with me grandma!
-Don't worry dear, well... , I can only say that they are preparing a surprise for you!
-For me? What? When?
-I cannot say that! But very soon you will know! Until then you can help me with the cookies!



-SURPRISE!
-It's a puppet theatre! With curtains, and puppets and everything...! I've always wanted one! Thank you all! Can I show it to my friends? 
-Of course you can dear! 



Hannah gave her first performance and it was a great success! Her friends enjoyed both the show and grandma's cookies too! 




-Thank you so much everyone!


* * * * * * * * * * * * *



 For the puppets I used tiny bits of plush fabric from old dolls. I had to make them twice to achieve the right size. For the theatre I used foam board and acrylics. Here are some pics of the procedure (the puppets in the photo are the big ones).








1 comment:

  1. What a sweet surprise, Rebecca must be overjoyed! The puppets are adorable, especially the rabbit's fuzzy ears. I like the scene with all the babies watching, how cute!

    I am in awe of your creativity and skills, happy holidays!

    -Posh Pear

    ReplyDelete