A blog about Sylvanian Families, toy photography, collection, miniatures and crafts.

9 October 2020

A horse cart ride

 It's been since the beginning of the summer that Mr Richard Grunt had promised a horse cart ride to his kids and their friends. And today is the day!

-Thank you Mr Grunt, we will have a wonderful time!

-Yes Amelia, it's a fine day for a ride! Let me help you up!




Is everyone sitting nice and comfortable back there?

-Yeees Mr Grunt!

-OK Dapple! Let's take those kids for a lovely ride!

-Yay!




-What a lovely day! Just feel the fresh breeze on your face and hear the clopping of the horse's hooves and the sound of flowing water!





Nothing better than a stop for a quick snack by the river!





... That fish is looking at me...!





-You did a great job Dapple! Here's a delicious carrot for you!





-There are plenty of tasty snacks for everyone!





-Yummy!...





Branson Whiskers and Hugh Grunt took a walk along the river up to the little bridge. They climbed on the side wall and had fun throwing pebbles in the water!





May Grunt made a lovely bouquet for her mother!





Time passes so fast when having fun! It was getting late and had to leave. They laughed and sang all the way back home!





Dapple had a great time too!







***************************




The cart and horse is a lovely set that I've always wanted to photograph in a diorama like that. Unfortunately i didn't take pictures while making the bridge but I can tell you that I used egg carton to make the bricks that i glued on a hard paper except the bigger side bricks that i made with common packaging hard foam and then colored with acrylics. For the stream I used a wrinkled clear wrapping sheet (just edited the color with photoshop). To make the depth perception I used a large surface like my bed! Here are two photos of my settings and a closer photo of the bridge to take an idea:

























2 comments:

  1. A lovely piece, Sylvanako. Your attention to detail wows me as usual.

    The bridge and water are superb, and I appreciate your "how I did this" photos. On top of this, small things like the realism of the grass at the side of the track, the greenery on the track where traffic wheels don't wear it away, the continuity where May Grunt is still clutching her mother's flowers as the cart drives home... all add to the realistic nature of this gentle and heartwarming tale.

    Speaking of that picture of the cart going home, your PhotoShop work has resulted in what I find the most beautiful picture of your story.

    Thank you again for sharing your skill and making us happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend for noticing all the details! Your comments make me happy!

      Delete