A blog about Sylvanian Families, toy photography, collection, miniatures and crafts.

4 December 2019

The Sylvanian Kitchen Restaurant

Christopher and Carmen Cottontail for years now, are the owners of one of the most famous restaurants in Sylvania, the Sylvanian Kitchen Restaurant!



It's one of those wonderful Sundays and many Sylvanians choose this beautiful place to visit and taste the delicious food!






Some of them prefer the garden tables and Carmen is happy to serve them outside.




Rhys and Patricia Chocolate are also enjoying their wine in the garden.



Also today two families, the Hoppers and the Maples, are meeting here! Isabella Hopper is so happy to see her friend Millie!



-Hi Millie, it's lovely here, isn't it! We're going to have a wonderful time!
-Hi  Isabella! So happy to see you! Only I have to watch my little brother Alfie at the moment.
-Don't worry, I can help you with that! 



-Hello Carmen! We have a reservation.
-Oh hello! I know, the Maples are waiting for you inside! 



-Hello friends, you're already here!
-Hi there!  Here's your table right next to us!



-Have you decided what you will have Richie?
-Everything look so tasty, I guess it won't be easy to choose...



The Cottontails are doing their best and the first plates are ready to be served.



Everyone is having a wonderful time chatting and eating. They all agree that the food is delicious!






The kids have their own table near the big window! The girls are having an exciting conversation about school and hobbies while Jasper is already having a second round! He can't stop eating, he finds everything soo yummy!



Chef Christopher is very proud of his cooking and feels great to see the satisfying expresions on the customers' faces!



It is almost time to leave but little Alfie expresses a wish: to become a chef like Christopher when he grows up! So Christopher lets him put his hat on! 
-Look mom, I am a chef now!






They are leaving all together, after thanking the Cottontails for the great service and promising that they will visit the Sylvanian Kitchen again very very soon!






* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



One of my dreams when I started collecting was to get the Sylvanian Kitchen building. My dream finally came true so I made this little story to put it in a nice setting and take photos! Since I didn't have the original Cottontail owners only the JP set of the children chef and waitress, I used their clothes with the Cottontail grandparents.


 I make the trees with air dry clay, paint the trunks with acrylics and hot glue the foliage from fake plants. I prefer the ones with small leaves to look more realistic.








































6 comments:

  1. Once again, you've given us wonderful detail/narrative and outstanding photographs, Sylvanako. As usual, it's difficult to pick out a favourite, but Alfie in the chef's hat is definitely a contender. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jackson, you have a wonderful talent in writing and that's obvious even in your comments which are always a treat to read! This photos are quite special to me as I wanted to do these sylvanian kitchen scenes for a long time and I am truly glad that you liked them!

      Delete
  2. I can see why you wanted this building it looks amazing. Your story telling and photos are wonderful, my daughter and I love reading them. She's asked me to create an diorama for her sylvanians and I wondered where you got your faux grass from, it looks like just what I wanted for our. Thanks for your help from a novice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the lovely comments! I bought it from ebay. Try to search this: artificial grass 49*70 and it will come up.

      Delete
  3. foxinstripysocks wrote: ↑Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:14 pm
    Such beautiful photos, again! You treat us all with your pictures.
    Thanks so much fox, I really enjoyed these series of photos and actually playing with my sylvanian sets! :)
    nzemily wrote: ↑Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:08 pm
    What a wonderful photo story Sylvanako, the set up is adorable as usual. Alfie looks adorable in that chef hat, maybe he will ask Santa for one this year?
    Haha, the hat is too big for him but that's what makes it look cute! Maybe Santa brings one his size! :lol:

    Emilie wrote: ↑Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:50 pm
    Wow, Sylvanako! What a treat to see two families have a delicious meal together at such a fine restaurant! You must be over the moon to have that building--it's amazing! Great photos and mini-story all at once. Looking forward to everything else you create! Great like always!
    Emilie and (the other! LOL) Maple Cats
    Hi Emilie! Thanks for the lovely comment! It's true i am soo happy to have the sylvanian kitchen, it looks wonderful and I want to take more pictures of it maybe combined with other buildings!
    rowena moss wrote: ↑Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:34 am
    Thanks for sharing. You've made it all look so real as usual.
    Many thanks rowena, i love taking crowded sylvanian photos and make them look alive!
    GreyRabbit wrote: ↑Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:43 am
    Oh Sylvanako, this is so lovely, as usual! May I ask where you got the large trees you have used in the background? Did you make them? They look perfect. I want to make some big trees like this, but am not sure what method would be best...

    Little Alphie looks so adorable in the chef's hat, but I think my favourite part of these photos is the level of detail you have once again incorporated - I love all the little bits and pieces in the kitchen, and the Hoppers' & Maples' tables have just that look of semi-organised chaos that does happen when a large group dines together at a restaurant! :clap:
    Thanks a lot GreyRabbit! I make the trees with air dry clay, paint the trunks with acrylics and hot glue the foliage from fake plants. I prefer the ones with small leaves to look more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tenchibaka wrote: ↑Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:02 pm
    this was so charming<3 your trees and planters are rad and you used your space way better than i could ever have done XD
    Thanks tenchi, you're right , i needed more space this time because of the large set up!
    Ayrell wrote: ↑Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:12 pm
    Amazing pictures, as always, of the gorgeous Sylvanian Kitchen Restaurant! Congratulations on finally getting the building, Sylvanako! I absolutely adored looking at each and every scene. The Maples and the Hoppers sure look like they're having a wonderful time, enjoying all that delicious food. Loved the Chocolate grandparents enjoying their food and wine outside, too! And little Alfie's the cutest with the chef hat! :lol:
    Loved that last extra picture with everyone looking out of the window! :clap:
    Thank you once again for sharing such beautiful pictures with us!
    Thank you so much Ayrell, you are so kind, I am over the moon for having this building and was great fun to take these photos!
    cutata wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:51 pm
    WOW! WOW! WOW! :<3: :<3: :<3:
    You finally got the Sylvanian Kitchen! :clap: :clap: I´m so happy for you! :dance: Congratulations! I knew it was at the top of your whislist.
    This great find well deserved a story and , as always, you did a wonderful job! Each scene is adorable and so detailed! A real treat! Thanks a lot for sharing!
    Thanks a lot my friend, you know me well, haha! This photo shoot is special for me because i wanted this for very long!
    Pigjes wrote: ↑Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:08 am
    Such wonderful lively pics!
    Many thanks Pigjes, i am happy you liked them!

    ReplyDelete