A blog about Sylvanian Families, toy photography, collection, miniatures and crafts.

19 July 2019

The Wizard of Oz (part 3)

-The ruby slippers must definitely be mine!





-What do you want?
-We've come to see the Wizard of Oz and ask him to grant our wishes!
-Not everyone can meet the great Wizard!
-The Good Witch of North sent us. See? She is wearing the ruby slippers she gave her!





Oh, OK then! You can come in!





-I am the Great and Powerful Oz! I know you freed the Munchkins from the Wicked Witch of the East. I also know you've come to ask for some wishes!To grant your wishes you must do the same with the Wicked Witch of the West and bring me her broomstick! 




-Give me the ruby slippers or else I have a little fire for the scarecrow!




-I will not let you hurt anyone of my friends!
-Ooh, noo water... Look what you've done... I'm melting... I'm melting...





-Well done Dorothy, now we can take her broomstick and show it to the Wizard!




-Here is the broomstick... but..... look... there's someone behind that curtain! Oh no, you have fooled us, you're a very bad man!




- Oh no, I am a good man, only a very bad Wizard...
-You'd better be good enough to keep your promises!






-Scarecrow, you think better than a lot of people, so here is a diploma as a proof of your brain!




Lion, your latest actions prove that you are brave! Here is a medal to make it official!




-Tinman, you are a great friend with kindness and courage. So you certainly have a big heart! Here is one that also ticks!




-But... what about Dorothy's wish?
-Well, the only way to get Dorothy back to Kansas is for me to take her there myself!
-Really! Thank you so much! How can you do that?
-On a hot air balloon!





-People of Oz, I am making an unexpected journey. My good and wise friends will rule in my place! Now untie the balloon ropes..




-Oh, come back here Toto!




-Oh no... Come back, don't go without me...!
-So sorry, I don't know how this works... Goodbye...





-Oh, I'll never get back home now..




Oh.. it's Glinda! Will you help me?
-Of course, you've earned it! Your magic slippers will take you home in seconds!





-Is that all? Oh so wonderful to be true! But so hard to say goodbye.. I love you all my dear friends!





-Ready? Now, close your eyes and tap your heels together three times... and think to yourself... 'there's no place like home... there's no place like home... there's no place like home...'












. . . . . . . . . . . . . .



-Wake up honey!
-Auntie Em, Uncle Henry...it's you! I was in that strange place... but now I'm back!
-You just had a bad dream dear!
-No, it wasn't a dream, it was a real place...Toto was here too...don't you believe me?



-Look honey, all our friends are here to see you!
-Oh, all of you were there... and I am so happy to see you here! We are home Toto!
... Oh..there's no place like home!



. . . . . . . . . . . .






****************************





Kristy corntop wrote: 
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:45 pm
Are you going to do your behind the scenes photos and how you made everything?





























******************************




-You and I, know for sure it wasn't a dream, right Toto?
Well now, let's play and enjoy the Summer!






-Fly...fly...!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Sylvanako! I know about your amazing photo-stream on Flickr but not having a Flickr account myself I am unfortunately unable to comment. So I found your blog and the Wizard of Oz Part 3 post with all of the adorable photos (like always) was an absolute delight. Your stories are always so cute. Also, here's the link to my new blog: lifeofamaple.blogspot.com
    Hope you like it!

    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emilie, Thank you for your kind words and also for following my stories and leaving a comment here too! Your blog is lovely, I am following you!

      Delete
  2. Mr. Maple wrote: ↑Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:28 pm
    Wow Sylvanako! This Wizard of Oz series was just breathtaking! And the Poodle Big Sister is just the perfect Glinda!

    Thank you! Yes the Poodle sister has the right body shape and dress for this role! :lol:

    JacksonButterglove wrote: ↑Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:51 pm
    :o Simply inspirational, Sylvanako. The work you've put in to produce such detailed art is incredible. Scenery, clothing (the wizard's suit, the guard, monkeys and the witch of course), placement, photography and editing are all to the impressive Sylvanako standard. Thank you for showing us how it should be done!
    :clap:

    Thank you so much! The Wizard's suit is the original one >I only photoshoped the colors from red to green! ;)

    Pigjes wrote: ↑Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:43 am
    :loveit: I cried, because it's over. This ... I have no words that can capture how this made my heart Zing and my heartstrings go BadabingVaboom!!!!! Thank you soooo much for doing this! :loveit:

    Haha, thanks a million Pigjes, you made me giggle! :lol:

    Florence Holiday wrote: ↑Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:08 am
    Wow! You leave me speechless except for ... thank you Sylvanako!!! :loveit:

    I should thank you for the warm support! :loveit:

    GreyRabbit wrote: ↑Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:14 pm
    Oh thank you for posting the rest of this Sylvanako! It was SO beautiful, as always!
    Caitlyn and I enjoyed this story very much!

    SO happy to hear that, it's my pleasure! :loveit:

    LadyLollipop wrote: ↑Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:19 pm
    Sylvanako, this was just absolutely AMAZING!!! I love your wicked witch so much - the perfect character. :lol: But you have managed to create the entire world of Oz in miniature for a photo series - down to every last little detail!!! This was amazing beyond words. :love: :love:

    Oh, thanks so much LL!, this means a lot! Hope you are doing better! :loveit: It took me 4 months to finish,my biggest story so far! It was great fun but also I'm happy it ended so I can start some new projects!

    cutata wrote: ↑Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:03 pm
    You already know how much I like this story and how much I appreciate all the time and work you put into this wonderful project.
    Even though I had seen all these pictures on your IG account I really enjoyed having another look at them in this thread. They look great on my laptop screen. Looking at them in big size is a real treat! :<3:

    Oh many thanks Cutata, I also believe the photos look way better in bigger size than on Instagram! I like to see them on Flickr full screen, can't miss any details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rowena moss wrote: ↑Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:55 pm
    Only just seen the end and I loved it so much. Eustace Truffle has always been fairly incompetent in our Sylvania so he played his part perfectly!!! I loved seeing Durwood and Slick back in their normal clothes in the real world at the end. As always you think of everything- showing Sylvanians off at their best. Thank you.

    Thank you so much for the kind words, Eustace was great in his role and I was kind of relieved to put them back in their normal outfits after all this time!

    Kristy corntop wrote: ↑Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:03 pm
    :loveit: :clap: :clap: :<3: :<3: I'm so blown away! That's fantastic! I love everything. Great choices for the characters. I laughed when I saw the wicked witch, the frog is just perfect! The photo's and editing are amazing! Your scenery is just..... there are no words.... your very clever to make all of this. I was really looking forward to seeing this.

    Thank you so so much Kristy, I had a big laugh when I first made that frog witch too! :lol:

    Jim wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:21 am
    I just saw your final pics of your Masterpiece..The Wizard of Oz. Your photography and story telling have really captured the essence of the 1939 Movie Classic. I personally think this is your best work...EVER!! If I were giving out awards, you would win in every category. Costumes, Sets and Scenery, Photography, Special Effects, Editing and Still Acting. Still Acting would be a new category I would have to add to all the obvious other categories. I love how you conveyed emotions with the slight tilt of the heads..tear in eyes...closing of the eyes...etc. Congratulations for a beautiful story well told through your eyes and creative hand. :clap: :clap: :clap: :love: :love: :love:

    That's such a wonderful comment, you are so kind Jim, many thanks my friend! Looking forward to seeing your pics too, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CandyMulberry wrote: ↑Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:03 pm
    :loveit: :<3: Absolutely fabulous, all of it! I am continuously stunned by your creativity and the result of your hard work is amazing! :<3: :loveit:

    Candy, thank you so much my dear friend! Your words make me feel awesome! :love:

    tenchibaka wrote: ↑Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:46 am
    i adore all of the WIP art<3 it is really lovely and gives me great ideas for other things ^^

    Yes, I really like to take those photos, I can go back any time to recall how I did certain things and also keep lovely memories! :)


    Pigjes wrote: ↑Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:11 am
    Wow, a sneak peak into the realm of a creative Sylvanian God!! :shh: I love to see how other people do their diorama stuff.

    Aww, thanks a million! :love: :love: I love seeing backstage photos too!

    Kristy corntop wrote: ↑Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:51 pm
    Thankyou! I love seeing how you create everything, it's very interesting! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!????!!!!

    Thanks! :love: I am working on something new...

    Ayrell wrote: ↑Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:04 pm
    There's no words to describe how wonderful this last project of yours was, Sylvanako! Such a faithful yet adorable rendition of the Wizard of Oz with our beloved Sylvanians! I absolutely adored the Wicked Witch (I tend to favor the villians in stories, hehe!) and I'm really impressed by her winged monkeys! So perfect! The Wizards' machine was incredible. Every single shot was absolutely perfect! Thank you VERY MUCH for all this hard work and for sharing with us! :clap:

    Loved the behind the scenes photos as well! Amazing!

    Thank you so much for the wonderful words! I realized that many of you liked the Witch and monkeys, so here is a pic that didn't make the final cut- still not sure why not...:

    y JacksonButterglove » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:17 pm

    A bonus! Brilliant. :loveit:

    by Pigjes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:55 am

    Oh, thanks for posting that bonus pic!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!

    by sylvaine » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:15 am

    Wow! Love that last shot and what an amazing job with the scenes sylvanako. Certainly looks like a labour of love. I've liked each Oz pic you've posted on Instagram but that last shot here is my fave. Awesome!

    by Ayrell » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:33 pm

    What a wonderful bonus picture, it's so dynamic, love it! Thanks!

    OVE LOVE LOVE this :<3: , still not all the way through as I started from top so enjoying taking this all in, so magnificent pictures so full of life

    by tenchibaka » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:30 am

    so what do think your next project will be?

    by Pigjes » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:44 pm


    I follow him on Instagram, I even opened an account especially for it. I know what's up, and it's CUUUUUUUUUTE

    by tenchibaka » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:38 am

    oh my! now i really want to know!

    ReplyDelete