A blog about Sylvanian Families, toy photography, collection, miniatures and crafts.

6 July 2018

The Hazelwood's residence- The Old Mill

‘What a lovely day! ‘,says Evie Hazelwood as she opens the window .
‘I love summer!’
 
 
 
Her mother Betty also likes summer as she can easily dry her laundry in the sun.
‘You will need a clothes peg for my jumpers mom’, says little Noah.
‘Thank you dear!’
 
 


Simon Hazelwood loves summer too. School is over and he has plenty of time for playing!
‘Look , I am the best! ‘he says, as he runs down the path rolling his hoop with great skill!
 


Sophia Hazelwood is the oldest of her siblings and she is so proud of her beautiful flowers!
‘They smell so nice! ‘,says Noah and his brother Elias agrees.



Samuel Stamp has a package for grandma Roxanne.
‘It’s from cousin Phoebe, I wonder what she has sent us!’
‘I hope it’s candy!’, says Noah.
 


‘Hold on tight, let’s race this butterfly!’
‘Hurry Elias, we can do it!’

 

Grandpa Homer Hazelwood made a swing for his grandchildren to play!
‘Come on grandpa, give me a big push!’, says Evie.
 


‘Is that big enough?’
‘Yay!!!’
 


As you have guessed this is the Hazelwood's residence in Corntopville!
Homer is the father of chef Basil Haselwood and the owner of one of the oldest windmill in Sylvania! They have renovated the mill into a cozy home for the grandparents and Basil lives with his family in a house next to it!
 


Since he was a young boy, Basil enjoyed the view from the rooftop.
 


He often uses his binoculars to watch the birds and explore the mountains far away!


...but wait.. oh no..little Noah is in the bucket
 



Although he seems to enjoy the ride, Sophia is upset with her naughty siblings!
-Bring him down now, gently and slowly! she yells.
-We are ready to catch him! Please don’t tell mom, ok?
 


Other than that, little Noah is so happy and he wouldn’t change his home and family with anything else in the world!
 
 
 
 
**************************
 
 
 
Some more...
 
 
I think that the Hazelwood mice are so cute in the photos and they have always been living in the old mill in my imagination. I had some extra ones from various lots so I decided I would make a grandparents couple! I also gave them names, mostly Greek names, as 'Basil' is a Greek name too. Unfortunately there aren't any Hazelwood babies so I thought little Noah Meadows despite the colour difference, would fit perfectly in the family as I don't own the Meadow mice parents.

 
  
 
 
 
 
One of the crafts I made for this project is the flower baskets. They are easy to make and they can be used to decorate any sylvanian building. I used the capsules of the chocolate egg surprises! I cut the lid in half and I wrapped (and glued) a string around it. You can use any coloured string you like. I only had a yellow one but I wanted them brown so I painted them with acrylics. Then I glued inside some plastic foliage and flowers. I used blue tack to attach the baskets on the buildings.


Also I found time to make some decent looking background mountains so the setting can look more realistic! I believe they add extra depth to any outside themed picture! I cut the mountain shape on hard paper and then I painted them with acrylics. I actually made two pieces with slightly different shades of green so I can combine them in various ways in my photos. Hope you can take an idea by these pictures and you can try it too:

A tip for making the climbing plants on a wall without damaging the building, is to use sticky tack, that can very easily be removed, to cover the wall surface and then carefully attach small plastic leaves. The thicker the leaves are placed the better the result can be!



3 comments:


  1. Terra wrote:
    This is genius. Brilliant job of capturing the feel of summer!

    Great choice in featuring the Hazelwoods and Noah Meadows. They are family that doesn't get enough attention and they photograph very nicely.

    The grandparents are the best of all!

    Congrats on a fantastic job.


    cutata wrote:
    What an amazing setting for the Hazelwood´s residence! :clap: :clap:
    I love how you decorated the outside of the cottage and the Old Mill, a lovely building, by the way. So many flowers and that vine on the front of the cottage look fantastic!
    All your pictures are stunning, as always! It´s hard to choose a favourite one. I love every single scene and the story behind. :<3:
    The Hazelwoods are so cute, especially little Noah and his grandparents .I´m happy to have met the entire family and to know a little bit more about them.
    Your photos are a real treat, Sylvanako! Thank you! :love:


    LadyLollipop wrote:
    HOW AWESOME!!! Oh, I love them all so much. :love: Your grandparents are super cute, and all the little critters... The little flower baskets look awesome on the windmill, and I like the bright flowery feel of these scenes most of all - I am really missing summer right now...
    You really did capture the essence of Sylvanian summer right here.


    Amaia wrote:
    :love: :love: :love: :love:
    Awesome , brilliant, lovely.... Wow Sylvanako I am speechless.

    Thank you for sharing


    nzemily wrote:
    Amazing, amazing, amazing!

    ReplyDelete

  2. LadyLollipop wrote:
    OOoooh, just look how sweet! He fits in with his family very well indeed. :-) He will get his colour as he gets a bit older. :lol:


    Daniela wrote:
    Wonderful! :love:

    I am such a fan of the Grandparents! :clap:

    I could collect only Grandparents, they are all so sweet. What a pity, not all families have some.

    But customizing them yourself, like these is adorable! :thumbup:


    Ayrell wrote:
    Beautiful pictures, Sylvanako! Love Evie looking out the window and Simon with the hoop especially! And the mill and little house look great together!
    The grandparents look awersome, great idea


    cutata wrote:
    Their smiling faces make me smile too! :D Adorable pictures, Sylvanako.
    I love the picture where Noah is with his grandparents. :<3:


    nzemily wrote:
    Awww! Adorable


    cutata wrote:
    What a clever idea, Sylvanako! :clap: :idea: Your flower baskets look fantastic!

    I use the capsules of the chocolate eggs to keep small SF items and I´ve also used the base as a mould for a shopping basket but I´ll definetely copy your idea if you don´t mind. Thanks for sharing!


    Ayrell wrote:
    Thank you for the tutorial, such a good idea!
    LadyLollipop wrote:
    This is adorable Sylvanako!!! I love the idea of cutting the mountains out. Your skill with acrylic paints is pretty amazing though!!!


    Daniela wrote:
    Thanks a lot for the "making of" photos, they are a real inspiration and help!


    cutata wrote:
    Your mountain backgroud looks amazing. You´re very good at painting using different shades of green! :clap:
    I had already noticed you had a different background in the picture where Basil was looking through his binoculars. :<3:
    Thank you for telling how you made the climbing plants. They look lovely on the cottage wall and so does the flower bed you attached below the window.
    I always love to see your working table too! :)


    Ayrell wrote:
    It's great to see the "behind the scenes" pictures! Thank you for sharing the creative process with us. Great ideas!


    Amaia wrote:
    :love: :love:

    It is amazing Sylvanako!!!! I like to see "behind the scenes" photos. Thank you for sharing.


    Miss Holiday wrote:
    :wave: Hi, Sylvanako!

    I adore your creativity - :dance: thank you for sharing your WIP photos. They are a great inspiration. I particularly :love: love the idea of growing climbing plants on a house wall...


    wavyleafthistle wrote:
    I love those climbing plants!!! Thank you for the tutorial! :clap:


    bloem wrote:
    I'm deff stealing your climbing vines idea from you. That looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it when you show us how you make some of the stuff you're using and the over all scene picture is always a favorite for me, just to see the set up.

    ReplyDelete