A blog about Sylvanian Families, toy photography, collection, miniatures and crafts.

12 September 2019

The Antique shop

Mrs. Waddlington is out shopping with her adorable ducklings!




-Mum, can we visit the antique shop pretty please?




-Well we could, but only if you promise to be careful and quiet!




-Good morning Mayoress!
-Good morning Mr VanDyke!
-Allow me to invite you in, I recently stocked the store with quite a number of new special items!
-Really! Then, we'd like to take a look!





-Welcome! May I show you around?
-That would be lovely! So many to see, I feel lost!
-Wow, mum, this is better than the toy shop!






-This is a vintage Japanese chessboard!
-So wonderful!





-And here is an antique balance scale!
-Are these real crystals?
-Yes they are!





-We also have a collection of very old brass instruments and antique telephones!
-Very interesting!





-Wow, exploring this place is a great adventure!




I wonder if this is a real pirate treasure!
-And that looks like a detective's magnifying glass! 





I have never looked through a telescope! Hmm...




-This is a very elegant mirror, it would look great in my bedroom!




-Very good choice! Here is a rare selection of fine porcelain antique crockery!...




-And... ehm..
-Why did you stop Mr. VanDyke, is there anything wrong?





Whaaat!?... Oh no!!...








-That was not nice, you could have caused an accident! From now on I want you to behave yourselves and stay quiet! Well if you do that maybe you will be rewarded with an ice-cream!
-Really mum? We will stay very quiet until we leave!





-Now we can continue undisturbed! So sorry for the mess! Oh I love that vase!
-It's a very old Chinese hand carved ivory vase! Brilliant choice indeed!





-Thank you Mr. VanDyke, you have been very helpful! I will certainly buy that vase and I will take it now with me, so exciting! But I want to buy the wonderful mirror too, I believe you can send it to my house! And... I will also take that chess, my husband will love it!... and... I think I will get the telescope too, my kids seemed very interested,... hmm... now I think of it I also want the tea set, and that wonderful lamp, and the wall clock... and the lovely candlestick! Oh I also loved that fantastic painting over there, I will buy it too!
-Thank you so much Mayoress, you are my best customer! I will make sure that everything will be safely sent at your home by tomorrow!





-Bye Mr. VanDyke!
-Come on children, time for a delicious ice-cream!






*************************



.... more pics...



















****************************

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sylvanako!
    What adorable naughty ducklings, although they don't do those things on purpose, they are just very curious! I loved your newest story. I wonder how Mrs. Waddlington copes with her triplets at home! Hehe :) The antique shop is beautiful, like a work of art. The pieces inside were very cute, too, no wonder Mrs. Waddington couldn't resist buying all that stuff!!!! Mr. Vandyke must be happy with the visit and looking forward to the next time he sees the mayoress! :D All in all, lovely pictures as always!
    Have a great day, Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the kind words! I think the ducklings are energetic in general but they got over excited in the shop! Haha

      Delete
  3. Loved this story and as always your pictures are amazing. Loved your antique shop.
    Don't know why I didn't know of your blog, but a regular from no on lol
    Have a wonderful day
    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sigrun!Thanks for leaving all those wonderful comments I was so happy to read them! Not many know about this blog, but I started updating it especially after the old forum closed.I though it would be better to have a more secure place of my own, although the forum thread is still my favourite place to post.

      Delete
  4. OMG! Just happened upon your blog, and I totally got lost in the story and the pictures. Few weeks ago while shopping at Walmart, I saw a few little sets and I remember how much I loved these critters when my daughter was little ( probably I liked them more than she did). So I went and dug out all the sets I kept, and then went on a crazy huge shopping spree in town and online, and finally I started reading blogs of people that love the sylvanians. Up to this point yours was so amazing that I couldn't stop myself from leaving a comment. I'm sure I will go back and read all your posts. Happy to have found you! Irinel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irine! Welcome to my blog and really thank you for all the kind words! Collecting sylvanian families is a wonderful hobby both for kids and adults! It's a magical and inocent world of beautiful toys and miniatures that brings a lot of fun! Enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. tenchibaka wrote: ↑Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:14 pm
    haha, oh my XD such an adventure! though i am positive vandyke did not mind considering how much was sold :P
    I'm sure he didn't mind at all, haha! :lol:
    Pigjes wrote: ↑Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:30 pm
    Hahahah, I love this so much!! :love: Those cheeky duckies!!!! :lol:
    Thanks!!! Yes, they are exremely cute!
    Emilie wrote: ↑Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:46 pm
    Great story! The little ducklings are so cute! And a bit mischievous, too. I wonder what they are like at home? :lol: LOL
    I don't blame them! So hard to resist with so many exciting things around, hihi! :lol:
    GreyRabbit wrote: ↑Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:51 am
    Such cheeky little ducklings! :<3: The picture of the duckling looking through the magnifying glass is hilarious!
    Yes, that was the first scene I imagined when i got the magnifyng glass! :lol:
    Possum Creek wrote: ↑Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:30 pm
    Absolutely phenomenal Sylvanako! You have such an amazing imagination and always think up the most brilliant scenes. I imagine you must have been collecting items for the antique shop for quite a while
    Many thanks!! Actually I only bought the re-ment antique shop items, i had all the sf things in my collection already! :)

    Ayrell wrote: ↑Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:04 pm
    What a delightful photoshoot, Sylvanako! Every picture was a treat! Haha, those little ducklings are so naughty, yet so adorable! I'm very glad nothing was broken, and Mr Van Dyke did good business!
    Thank you so much! They even won an ice cream so everybody is pleased! :dance:

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great. A beautiful story and photos, and the shop is amazing. Also a clever way to make use of extra/duplicate furniture and accessories. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete